Sunday, May 22, 2011

I havent written on here forever

So I havent written a blog forever, but to update you quickly we have travelled Cambodi, Laos and Vietnam and are now back in Thailand doing our scuba diving. We have bumped into Gina and now have this amasing group of us which is going to be really sad to leave as were all going our sepeerate ways in just as few days.

But anyway, i decided to write on this mainly because of the full moon party. So this time we were going with our cambodian crew, plus gina charlie and matt.... we had a really really good group of us and were all dead close by this point so we had an amasing night with the only injury by 4am being Michael standing on a smashed glass bottle and needing a few stitches. So we were doing pretty well, me and michael went for a walk and sat down at the bottom of one of the bars whilst we decided where we were gunna go to next, i dont know why i looked up, but i did. There was a bar above us, some 20-25feet high, and i just saw this girl topple over the barrier, hit her head and land about a metre from us, in a rolly polly possition on her neck. her legs were over her head and we heard the crack. I completely froze, i couldnt moove. we were the only people close to her, the only people sober enough to know that she had even fallen.... anyway so michael ran over and flipped her off of her neck to open her airway, her arm was completely fucked so it just bent the wrong way and wouldnt go into place. he checked her pulse, and breathing and i remember yelliung at him 'is she dead?' then he just looked at me. he walked back towards me and told me not to touch her.... her friends all started running over, they had finally noticed and all of a sudden she took in a breath, still unresponsive and started hyperventilating.... then the ambulance came and took her away.... wqe had the email address for her friends because i was the only witness, and michael had been the first person to move her.... we still havent heard back, but it is an image i cant get out of my head and it just made me realise how vunerable we are, and how just a tiny accident can turn into something as serious as what we saw....

I hope to god that she is alive and that she can recover, but from a fall so high and onto her neck it seems impossible. All i know is that it was the scareyest thing i have ever seen and i cant get that image of her limp body from my head, so i had to write about it. I hope never to see anything like that again. But I thank God it wasnt any of us who fell.... i dont know how i would have dealt with it if it were one of my friends who fell.

No comments:

Post a Comment