Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Back Home

So, I never heard about what happened to that girl. To be fair, I don't think that it was one of her friends top priorities to tell me/michael how she was. It is crazy the things that can happen, and how quickly it can all happen too.

So, now it is October- as IF I haven't written on this for so long! So after Thailand we went to Indonesia - me and Niema traveled from Medan to Sumatra and had the mot unbelievable time.... we trekked through the jungle, saw wild orangutans and their babies, slept under the stars and essentially walked for 7 hours a day. It was hard. But it was absolutely fantastic.

We didn't spend much, and stayed in unreal accommodation in Lake Toba- the locals were so so so friendly and we had a great time- we were kind of sad that we were being rushed so much because we had to meet Jo in Bali as she was having a bit of a hard time. Anyway, by this point I started to realize that I had to go home - I had three hundred pounds in my bank and to get a flight home it was around 200. Bad times.

As anyone from my hometown will know, I have been writing for Gallery magazine so all of my travel stories are in there (which makes me super lazy and not bothered to write about it on here as much which is kind of bad). Anyway, I will link my articles when they are all up on the Gallery site. If your interested you can just google 'Gallery Magazine Jersey' and it will be the first search, you can view 'online edition' and then just look at the contents page.... stressy jessy articles in the travel section are all mine!

Anywho, about being home.....

Well, I have to say it is really strange. I have a job now, a proper job.... all a bit weird. I even have a business card! Doooff!! So looks like this is me for the next 2 years or so.... strange feeling knowing I am glued here now. But i guess it means, if i save properly, then I can go away for ages, or go to Uni or whatever.

Jo is in Australia, and Niema is back here saving to go to India for a few months (Fiji plans have been scrapped for now). Its just weird to think I wont be going anywhere for a while. Well, I guess I will be going to uni's - as in trips to see friends. Obv that isn't really abroad but still its nice to get out of TINY TINY Jersey, and see some faces you don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment