Friday, January 13, 2012

A year ago....

Is it really a whole year ago that the bum escapade happened? That seems insane.
I can remember having to stand up in the Tuk Tuk's because it was too painful, and Jo and Niema laughing at me hobbling around like a cowboy, then HATING me because they had to take turns putting the ointment on. Haha it is funny how easily these memories leave your head, and even weirder thinking about the ones that choose to stay.


I just got a really hard smack of traveling blues. Man, it is going to be a while until I do that again. But it will be worth the wait. And it will be fantastic. There is nothing better than a bit of adventure....

I wonder where my next trip will be to, and who will come with me or if I will go it alone. It is funny how quickly I have become absorbed with insignificant things, errands and 'to do' lists. It is weird how quickly Jersey has managed to get back into my head, and I have stopped seeing the bigger picture. But, it is great thinking back on my travels, talking about them and reminiscing about the funny/stupid/crazy things we did, and at the time just thought were normal. The amount of people we met, and became friends with and places we called home.

Although I am sad not to be going away now, one thing I am happy about is the fact that I got the chance to go, and to see and do all of those fantastic things. That I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity, freedom, money, time and support to go. Lots of people don't have that.
I am definitely a lucky one.

And now that I've seen a bit, I want to see it all.
And I am sure that I will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment